[Originally published on the Australian Government Public Sector Innovation Network under a Creative Commons 3.0 BY AU licence]
Innovation Month (Disrupt, Develop, Display) is fast approaching and we’ve had some queries from partners and others about what’s already planned.
Here’s a rundown of some of the main events planned thus far:
- Monday 4 July – Innovation Month Launch – the official opening of Innovation Month
- Tuesday 5 July – Innovation Month Summit, Department of Health – this will be the third Innovation Month Summit and we’re expecting it to be even bigger and better this year
- Wednesday 13 July – Disruptive Technologies Workshop, Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development – this all-day workshop for 100 public servants will explore disruptive technologies and what they mean for government
- Monday 25 July – Pitch Event to the Innovation Champions Group – this event will have participants of a pilot course on solving complex problems presenting their policy ideas to the Innovation Champions
- Date TBC – Awards Ceremony for the Public Sector Innovation Awards, a joint initiative of the PSIN and the Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA) ACT
- Friday 29 July – GovHack – “Now in its 6th Year, GovHack has grown from a small data mashup event in 2009 to a huge international competition that brings over 1800 people together to innovate, collaborate and apply their creative skills to open government data.”
We’re also in discussions with some other partners about some exciting possibilities, and we know that some of our colleagues in other agencies have things at varying degrees of preparation. We’ll be updating the site with registration details and other events in the near future.
If you’re interested in putting together an event, whether small or big, we have some references and guidance on the Innovation Month page.
For those not located in Canberra, but we’re very happy to work with you where we can – just get in touch and we can provide some guidance, connections or help promote your event.
We’re looking forward to it and we hope you are too – so get ready to disrupt, to develop and to display for Innovation Month 2016.